Pages

Prayer for Family Members in Shincheonji & Former SCJ Members.

Dear reader,

This is a collection of prayers sent to us for Christians who are praying for family members in Shinchonji/Shincheonji or for people who have left SCJ.  The prayers were compiled from different sources and have been edited.  It is powerful prayer which w
e hope strengthens you.     

__________________________________
Heavenly Father, I pray for all those involved in the SCJ organization at large, including the leaders and particularly our family members and loved ones who are involved with SCJ.  Lord, I pray you would do whatever is necessary to redirect our family members’ focus away from incorrect teachings in SCJ and bring them back to correct understanding of the powerful truth of the gospel.  Father, I pray you would supernaturally intervene to soften their hearts and dismantle their spiritual pride.  I pray for Holy Spirit promptings in their spirit throughout the day and night leading them to recognize falsehood and to question errors that you see.  I pray you would send strong conviction into their hearts for any excuses they might have used to justify their own deceptive actions or less than honest approaches in recruiting other SCJ members.

Father, I pray Your love and truth would break through every barricade in order to bring our SCJ family members to full repentance and full restoration and healing.   Jesus, I pray you bring healing in the battlefield of our loved one’s minds.  I pray you give SCJ members and leaders the spirit of wisdom and a spirit of true revelation.  I pray you give them life changing, intimate encounters with Jesus Christ, that will jar them loose from the influence of thinking that Your voice is only in one leader.  Fill SCJ members with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  Pour out more and more of Your spiritual wisdom and understanding on them daily.  May their eyes be enlightened by You, Father, and flooded with light and truth this very day.  I pray their minds would be delivered from wrong thinking and from irrationality.


I pray that workers would be sent into their lives to deliver truth to them in a way they will respond to.   Father, thank you that you are the Good Shepherd who searches out your lost sheep and bring back your strays.  I pray you would do an all-out search for the SCJ members who have strayed and I pray you would find them, bind up their wounds, and strengthen them in the areas of their weaknesses.   I also pray you would overthrow any fear in their hearts that would keep them from leaving the organization.  If there have been any scare tactics or threats used against them to keep them from leaving, I pray you would deliver them from that fear and bring them to a place of trust in You so they will feel safe to leave.   May your perfect love cast out every single fear they might have.  


I pray you would remove every obstacle and blinder from their spiritual eyes and let them see things from a new perspective, one that is clear and unfiltered by years of study.  Father, lead and guide the SCJ members into your truth and lead them into situations that will reveal more truth to them.  Father, I pray you would awaken our loved ones spiritually and speak to them on a daily basis.   In the powerful name of Jesus, I ask that every deceiving spirit trying to work in the midst of our family members would be pushed back.  Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you would break down mental and emotional barriers that are keeping our loved ones from hearing truths about SCJ teachings or practices.  


According to I Timothy 2:4, it is clearly Your desire for our loved ones to come to a knowledge of the truth.  I pray you would enlighten them with whatever knowledge they need to see from Your perspective, and let there not be any confusion in their minds.  
Father, you know which aspects of truth our family members are struggling with and I pray you would show them convincing evidence that would overthrow their doubts and confusion in every area where they are lacking understanding.  

Father, I take on the shield of faith which quenches every firey dart the enemy throws.  Protect my mind and my emotions from the pain that has been caused by having family members involved in SCJ.  Father, your Word says you are the avenger and that you don’t ignore the cry of the afflicted (Psalms 9:12).  I cry out to you today because our family has been so afflicted by lost closeness, broken relationships, loss of trust, and great concern for our loved ones.  I ask you avenge us for what the enemy has stolen.  The enemy has stolen our loved ones’ ability to think clearly.  I pray you would restore to them a sound mind that can think clearly with discernment.  


I pray according to Hebrews 13:9 that you would help members not be carried away any further by all kinds of strange teachings.  I pray you would reel them in, Father.  (Hebrews 5:2)  I pray to Jesus, our High Priest, who is able to deal gently with those who are going astray.  I pray SCJ members would become reconnected with Jesus, the true Head so their minds will not be puffed up with idle notions (Col. 2:4).  Let them not be deceived any longer by fine-sounding arguments, but bring them to a full, complete understanding in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  

Ephesians 5:13 says everything exposed by the light becomes visible, therefore, I pray you shine your light on the SCJ organization and cause their faults, deception, inconsistencies, control tactics and other techniques to be made very visible and clear to the SCJ’s own members.   (Romans  8:6) Let their minds start being controlled by the Holy Spirit so they can have life and peace.  I pray wisdom would enter their hearts (Proverbs 2:10) and give them sound learning (Proverbs 4:2).  Lavish on them all wisdom and understanding (Ephesians 1:7).  


Father, I pray you would expose the lies and tear down the pride that has been built up within the group causing them to believe they are recipients of spiritual insights which the rest of the world does not have.  Clothe them with humility instead.   Give them understanding on how to correctly handle the Word of truth.  Father, I pray that you would expose any hidden mistakes in the group or leader’s past that members are not aware of.  I pray you would also expose the group’s unusual doctrine to new members who are not yet aware.   Lord, I pray that you would de-activate the mindset that causes SCJ members to assume that people who are critical of their group are being used by Satan.  


When mistakes and errors are pointed out to SCJ members, disarm them from the preconditioned mindset that causes them to default to what the group says instead of using their own God-given critical thinking skills.  Father, I also pray you would disarm the SCJ members from teachings that condition them to think Christians are their spiritual enemies.  Father, reconstruct their thinking processes to undo all the faulty conditioning and show them truth in each of those areas.  I Timothy 3 states that church leaders must be above reproach, so please open the eyes of the SCJ members to ways in which their leaders are not following Biblical standards.  


Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray you would address every unmet need my family members may have had that led them to SCJ in the beginning.  Those needs which were meant to be filled by you and you alone, Lord, would you please cause those needs to be filled the proper way?  I pray the SCJ would cease to be able to meet the psychological, emotional and intellectual needs my loved ones have.  I pray Father that you would fill every empty place in my loved ones heart and mind so there will be no need for them to depend on the SCJ for fulfillment in those areas.  

Cause a deep dissatisfaction with the SCJ group to rise up in my family members.  I pray my loved ones would not feel the isolation that is often used to keep members from leaving.  I pray you would put healthy connections into place with the outside world and with strong Christians who can help make the transition smoother and easier whenever they are finally ready to leave.  Lord, I ask you to reconstruct their thinking process and undo the controlled thinking of the SCJ group.  Set them free from any need or desire they have to win the approval of the SCJ leaders.  Free them from any indebtedness they may feel to the SCJ group.   


In the powerful name of Jesus, I speak healing to any areas of their mind where there is unbalance, instability or impairment.  I pray you give my loved ones clarity of mind so they can think straight and understand all they need to know in regards to SCJ.   In the powerful name of Jesus, I bind the practices of “loading the language” and “word re-definition” from being effectively used.   Lead our loved ones to education about how groups “load the language” and use “word redefinition” as a common practice and cause them to recognize any of those methods used in their own experience.   Lead them to recognize ways that word definitions have altered  the person of Jesus Christ and the core teachings of the Christian faith.  


Father, I pray you would give SCJ members boldness to start asking questions that are “off limits” in the group.  Father, I pray you would plant the right questions in their minds that the group will not be able to answer satisfactory.  I also pray you would take away any guilt they might feel for asking questions or for having curiosity or doubts about the SCJ group.   Shield their heart to protect them from “emotional control” such as guilt, fear or shame that the SCJ group might try to project onto them.  Cause our loved ones to think long and hard about the truthful evidence that has been presented to them by loving Christians.   I pray the Holy Spirit would put a “gut feeling” inside of them as an indicator that something is not quite right.  


Cause them to be alert and observant so they can notice any discrepancies between what the scriptures say and what is done within SCJ.  Father, when they are ready to leave, I pray they would run right into your open arms to find the healing they need from the emotional upheaval and confusion they will need to sort through.  Help them as they work through any conflicting emotions and guide them carefully as they go through the grieving process and the withdrawal stages.  I ask you would bring about a full emotional , mental, and spiritual recovery for each person who has already left SCJ.  And in faith I also pray the same for our loved ones for whenever they choose to leave.   

May their leaving bring about an even greater work for the Kingdom of God.   Thank you that you work out all things for the good for those who love you, even the SCJ experience can be turned around for a greater purpose for Your Kingdom in the lives of those who will be rescued.  Father, I pray that after our loved ones leave SCJ, they will not be consumed by sorrow or regret.  May they not walk into the devil’s trap of condemnation or guilt.  Instead, I pray according to II Corinthians 7:9-11 that the only sorrow they would feel would be Godly sorrow that brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret. 


Father, I ask that you would bring other Godly people alongside of them who will know how to effectively minister to them during their time of healing and who can relate to what they are going through.  Father, I pray you would repay and restore the former SCJ members for “the years the locusts have eaten” (Joel 2:25).  I pray all the former SCJ members would be able to “forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead” (Philippians 3:13).  Father, I pray you would restore the former SCJ members’ ability to trust again, while maintaining discernment and keeping the proper guards in place.  


May your forgiveness flow through them and let no root of bitterness grow in their hearts.   Set them free from any unforgiveness they might have and help me to forgive them as well for any hurts I have experienced.   I pray former SCJ members would be used mightily in the restoration process of others who will also be rescued from other groups.  Help them not feel defeated, Father, but rather let them emerge from their SCJ experience as victorious warriors who are even more ready to make an impact for Your Kingdom.  May their current devotion to SCJ pale in comparison to the passion they will have for advancing Your Kingdom and Your truth after they are set free.  In Jesus´ powerful name, we pray these things.  Amen.