Here are some points, images, and articles dealing with the Mannam-Shinchonji connection.
An excerpt of an interview with a former Shinchonji member who spent nearly ten years in Shinchonji (1).
Question: Talk about Mannam and its connection to Shinchonji.
1. I had to watch a video on Mannam to find out it was started in 2003. The aim is to do good and bring all people together. Many Mannam members in SCJ are ignorant of many things that outsiders know about the group like the mote of “When light meets light there is victory” is an anagram and the Mannam logo is the combination of all 12 tribe colours and that Man Hee Lee, who is the “honorary chairman” and the combination of Kim Nam Lee's names give Man+Nam= Mannam.
2. All the upper level planning meetings of Mannam are done in the SCJ temple buildings and only Mannam members who are SCJ may attend those meetings. These meeting always have in attendance the high profile Mannam members who I found denied their association with SCJ if asked.
3. Funding for events comes from SCJ. The upper level members of the organization are SC. The organizers of groups such as Korean classes, Tai Kwan Do classes, photography classes, basketball, running club and cooking club are all headed by SCJ/Mannam members. They may be two different organizations but the direction of Mannam is clearly directed by SCJ.
A letter sent from a Shinchonji instructor to SCJ churches in South Africa. It reveals that Mannam is ¨just a tool¨ to promote Mr. Lee's presence in the world. The initials SSN (Seongseng Nim, a Korean word for teacher) refer to Shinchonji´s pastor, Manhee Lee (2).
I hope we all pray so hard to accomplish God's will.
The purpose of SSN visit
The work we are doing now is not measurable thinking of ourselves. it is already beyond capacity ourselves.
Surely the cock of the walk and the self-righteous isn't God's instrument.
A Mannam invitation to pastors in Australia to attend an International World Peace/Bible seminar with Mr. Lee in April, 2013. Airfare and accommodations are provided for by Mannam (3).
A Mannam brochure with Manhee Lee's picture (and Kim Nam Hee's photo) on the back. Kim Nam Hee, president of Mannam, is also a member of Shinchonji. Manhee Lee is Mannam's honorary chairman (4).
Below is a former excerpt from Kim Nam Hee, the president of Mannam (5).
Although many agree that Mannam focuses on volunteer activities in public, from these articles and other reports online, it can be seen that Mannam's name and presence has bigger purposes for Shinchonji. Many volunteers in Mannam are unaware of this.
Article from a blog on Manhee Lee's importance in Mannam and in the world (6).
International participants around the world didn’t leave their seats from morning till late night. Shouts from the participants never stopped for a second. People’s hearts and thoughts were united throughout the event. This is the answer to her statement. The honorary chairman Lee is the embodiment of the true light, life and love, and he continues working to bring peace and to restore the light to the world. He is someone that all mankind should at least meet once in order to accomplish world peace.
(1) See interview with former Shinchonji member on this blog.
(2) Information courtesy of Peter Daley's site, a non-Christian who has done extensive research on the relationship between Mannam and Shinchonji. http://jmscult.com/forum/index.php
(3) Image courtesy of http://jmscult.com.
(4) Information courtesy of http://jmscult.com, Wikipedia on Shinchonji. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Man-Hee